A 'Murderer's Row'
The drama's six writers/executive producers at work on the Fox lot.
Alex Gansa: In addition to co-creating Homeland, the California-raised writer-producer, who got his start on such series as Spenser: For Hire, Beauty and the Beast and The X Files with Gordon, serves as showrunner.
Alex Cary: Cary, who ran Fox's Lie to Me, served seven years in the British military before moving to Los Angeles. He's able to keep Brody's behavior nuanced and accurate.
Meredith Stiehm: As the only female on staff, the Cold Case creator is relied upon for some of the more emotional Carrie scenes, including the cabin-set "Weekend" episode in season one. Like Carrie, Stiehm's sister is bipolar.
Henry Bromell: The former Homicide showrunner, whose credits include Northern Exposure and Rubicon, brings experience to the room as a veteran storyteller (of TV, film and novels) and son of a CIA station chief.
Chip Johannessen: Johannessen, a Harvard-educated guitarist, spent time on The X Files and 24 before running Dexter. Between the latter and Homeland, the writer best known for crafting thriller arcs got a law degree at UCLA.
Howard Gordon: Gordon, a New York-born writer, producer and novelist, was the ideal fit to adapt Homeland given his lengthy stint as showrunner on post-9/11 drama 24 and his passion for global politics.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game