A Shootout in Toon Town
Welcome to the Golden age of animation.
A record 21 animated features have been submitted for Oscar Consideration, which should result in as many as five nominees. Computer-animated films continue to dominate, generating big box office: At the moment, four of the year's top 10 highest-grossing films are CG creations. Stop-motion, which can be traced back to the 1800s, also had a big year -- for the first time, more than one of the nominees in the feature animation category could be a stop-motion pic. Indie producers at home and overseas served up traditional, hand-drawn fare. And, of course, stereoscopic 3D movies were everywhere.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grammy Nominees List 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Timberlake Among Honored Artists
- Grammy 2014 Nominations Include Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z And Kendrick Lamar
- Jay Z's 9 Grammys Nominations Top All Artists
- Drake's Grammys Nominations For Best Rap Song, Best Rap Album Take Focus Off Canceled Performance