A24, Demarest Films Pick Up Kevin Smith's Monster Movie 'Tusk'
A24 will release the film in the third quarter of 2014.
A24 has teamed up with Demarest Films for Kevin Smith's latest film, Tusk.
The New York-based company plans to release the film, which stars Justin Long, Michael Parks, Genesis Rodriguez and Haley Joel Osment, in the third quarter of 2014.
Tusk, written and directed by Smith, is considered a "modern-day monster movie" and is currently in production. Sam Englebardt, David Greathouse and Shannon McIntosh are producing.
In the film, Long plays a journalist who finds the story of a lifetime in Mr. Howe (Parks), a worldwide adventurer with amazing tales and a curious penchant for walruses.
"I'm as happy as the day Miramax bought Clerks back in '94!" Smith said in the announcement. "We're so lucky A24 fell in love with our walrus picture and jumped in the pool with us. I was a big fan of how they released The Bling Ring and Spring Breakers, so I was praying Tusk would take root there."
A24's 2013 releases included Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring, Harmony Korine's Spring Breakers and James Ponsoldt's Spectacular Now. Upcoming titles for 2014 include David Michod's The Rover, Steven Knight's Tom Hardy starrer Locke and Jonathan Glazer's Under the Skin, starring Scarlett Johansson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR