Aaron Ashmore cast in 'The Thaw'
In thriller with Martha MacIsaac and Val Kilmer
Aaron Ashmore has been cast in the indie feature "The Thaw," opposite Martha MacIsaac and Val Kilmer.
Anagram Pictures is producing the thriller about an Arctic research team attacked by a killer parasite released by melting polar ice caps.
Ashmore will play a college student in the besieged crew.
"The Thaw" is written by Michael Lewis and Mark A. Lewis. The latter also will direct. Anagram's Mary Anne Waterhouse, Trent Carlson and Rob Neilson will produce. Shawn Williamson and Stephen Hegyes from Brightlight Pictures and Blake Corbet from Anagram will serve as executive producers.
Shooting begins in Vancouver Monday.
Ashmore, repped by APA and Artistry Management, plays Jimmy Olsen on "Smallville," and previously had a regular spot on "Veronica Mars." He begins shooting a new season of "Smallville" in the late summer, and he will appear in the Lionsgate feature "Thomas Kinkade's Home for Christmas" at year's end.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR