Aaron Eckhart to Play Beach Boy Dennis Wilson in 'The Drummer'
The biopic chronicling the last six years of Wilson's life comes from Randall Miller and Jody Savin via Unclaimed Freight Productions.
Aaron Eckhart just keeps getting busier and busier.
Just over a week after signing on to star in I, Frankenstein, Eckhart has inked a deal to play Dennis Wilson, a key member of the Beach Boys, in The Drummer.
The drama hails from Randall Miller and Jody Savin, the team behind indie Bottle Shock, which starred Chris Pine and Bill Pullman.
Drummer will tackle the last six years of Wilson’s life (he died in 1983), when the singer-songwriter released his acclaimed solo album Pacific Ocean Blue.
The producers say the actor is already preparing for the role, learning to play drums and piano and will be exercising his singing chops.
Savin wrote the screenplay and Miller will direct. The duo will produce via their shingle Unclaimed Freight Productions. Also producing will be Brad Rosenberger, a former exec at Warner-Chappell Music Group who brought the project to the filmmakers.
The Wilson family will also be involved in the pic, with Carl B. Wilson and Jennifer Wilson acting as co-producers on the picture. Eckhart will be exec produce as will Beach Boys former manager James William Guerico.
The project is eyeing a spring/summer shoot in California and at Meddin Studios in Georgia.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!