Aaron Sorkin Breaks his Nose While Writing
The co-writer of the upcoming baseball drama "Moneyball" is currently working on a series for HBO.
Writing can be a challenging, even tortuous process for the mind. And sure, sometimes you can hurt a finger or cause a blister. But it’s not known for causing injuries as severe as a broken nose.
Aaron Sorkin, who penned The Social Network and The West Wing and co-wrote Moneyball, which will open in theaters next week, showed up at an Emmy event in West Hollywood on Friday with a broken nose. It turns out he injured himself while writing.
"I wish I could say I was in a bar fight, but I broke my nose while writing,” the Academy Award winning screenwriter told the Los Angeles Times. He said he was staring into a mirror, working on some dialogue, when he got too close and head-butted himself.
Sorkin has plenty of writing to do these days, with the recent pickup of his series about a cable news network by HBO. The hourlong show will follow a cable news anchor, his executive producer, the newsroom staff and their boss as they report the news while navigating the commercial and corporate obstacles of the business.
Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pill, John Gallgher Jr., Olivia Munn and Dev Patel will star in the show.
Sorkin, who will write and produce, spent time with cable news personalities, like Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews, to research for the series.
Sorkin is also teaming with The Office's John Krasinski for an HBO mini-series about the guests of Hollywood's famous Chateau Marmont, based on Life at the Marmont, a book by the hotel’s co-owner Raymond R. Sarlot and Fred Basten.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack