Aaron Sorkin: Despite Oscar Nom, I’m Still 'the Same Schmuck I Was Last Night'
10:06 AM PST 1/25/2011 by Borys Kit
He tells THR he was "mentally preparing" not to receive good news - and how he's "disappointed" Justin Timberlake and Andrew Garfield got snubbed.
“It’s something worth waking up for” is how Aaron Sorkin described his decision to wake up at 3 a.m. in order to watch the Academy Award nominations Tuesday (he was nominated for best adapted screenplay for The Social Network).“I was mentally preparing for myself not be nominated,” he said. He said one reason for the box office success of this bumper crop of critically acclaimed dramas was their crossing of generational lines. “Usually it’s hard getting one without losing the other.” And while he was happy for Jesse Eisenberg’s acting nomination, a downer for Sorkin were the lack of nominations for Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake. “They deserved a nomination and so did Armie Hammer. They are probably not as disappointed as I am for them - (and) it may be the stinging this morning, but these are all guys that have tremendous acting futures ahead of them. And they are going to be getting plenty of Oscar nominations.” Sorkin plans to spend the rest of the day doing normal stuff, such as helping his 10-year old daughter study for her social studies test. “I will keep reminding myself I’m the same schmuck I was last night when I went to bed.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'