Aaron Sorkin, Tina Fey Compete for Job on '30 Rock'
They joke about "Studio 60," Facebook and “bad writing.”
Aaron Sorkin made a guest appearance on 30 Rock Thursday Night.
In the episode, Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) learns her series TGS is going on a forced hiatus while Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) is in Africa. So she begins looking for another job, and runs into Aaron Sorkin at a meeting to write for NBC's music competition The Sing-Off.
"Do I know you?" Fey asks Sorkin.
"You know my work. Walk with me," says Sorkin, who is famous for his walk and talks in all his shows, like The West Wing. He then begins ticking off his projects, including The Social Network.
"Studio 60?" asks Fey, referring to his short-lived show that was constantly compared to 30 Rock. "Shut up," says Sorkin.
"Do you know Nick Lachey?" he goes on, referring to The Sing-Off's host. "He doesn't even let you sit in the meeting. He just screams at you to see how you react."
"Of course, you gotta' take work where you can find it, especially now," Sorkin goes on. "Our craft is dying while people are playing Angry Birds and poking each other on Facebook. What is poking anyway? Why won't anyone do it to me? I'm cool."
Sorkin and Fey then make a couple of jokes about how outdated writers are. Watch above.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)