Aaron Sorkin, Tina Fey Compete for Job on '30 Rock'
They joke about "Studio 60," Facebook and “bad writing.”
Aaron Sorkin made a guest appearance on 30 Rock Thursday Night.
In the episode, Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) learns her series TGS is going on a forced hiatus while Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) is in Africa. So she begins looking for another job, and runs into Aaron Sorkin at a meeting to write for NBC's music competition The Sing-Off.
"Do I know you?" Fey asks Sorkin.
"You know my work. Walk with me," says Sorkin, who is famous for his walk and talks in all his shows, like The West Wing. He then begins ticking off his projects, including The Social Network.
"Studio 60?" asks Fey, referring to his short-lived show that was constantly compared to 30 Rock. "Shut up," says Sorkin.
"Do you know Nick Lachey?" he goes on, referring to The Sing-Off's host. "He doesn't even let you sit in the meeting. He just screams at you to see how you react."
"Of course, you gotta' take work where you can find it, especially now," Sorkin goes on. "Our craft is dying while people are playing Angry Birds and poking each other on Facebook. What is poking anyway? Why won't anyone do it to me? I'm cool."
Sorkin and Fey then make a couple of jokes about how outdated writers are. Watch above.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother