ABC Family buys Cookie Jar's 'Santa Claus'
William Shatner provided the voice for Santa Claus
TORONTO -- Canadian producer Cookie Jar Entertainment has sold the one-hour CGI cartoon special "Gotta Catch Santa Claus," with William Shatner voicing Santa, to ABC Family.
The U.S. channel will air the Christmas special Nov. 18 as part of its "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" campaign.
The Cookie Jar project is based on the comic book "I Gotta Catch Santa Claus" by Trevor Taylor, with Steven E. de Souza ("Die Hard") penning the script for the special.
Shatner will channel his inner Santa as 12-year-old Trevor and his friends set out to unveil the true magic of Christmas.
Toronto-based Cookie Jar last year acquired Burbank-based DIC Entertainment for $83 million.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!