ABC Family buys Cookie Jar's 'Santa Claus'
William Shatner provided the voice for Santa Claus
TORONTO -- Canadian producer Cookie Jar Entertainment has sold the one-hour CGI cartoon special "Gotta Catch Santa Claus," with William Shatner voicing Santa, to ABC Family.
The U.S. channel will air the Christmas special Nov. 18 as part of its "Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas" campaign.
The Cookie Jar project is based on the comic book "I Gotta Catch Santa Claus" by Trevor Taylor, with Steven E. de Souza ("Die Hard") penning the script for the special.
Shatner will channel his inner Santa as 12-year-old Trevor and his friends set out to unveil the true magic of Christmas.
Toronto-based Cookie Jar last year acquired Burbank-based DIC Entertainment for $83 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR