ABC Family buys rights to 'Alice'
Tim Burton's film will premiere on cable network in 2012
Sibling cable network ABC Family has acquired the rights to Tim Burton's 3D fantasy in a deal with Disney-ABC Domestic TV.
"Alice," which opened with $116.3 million domestically, will premiere on ABC Family in 2012. The cable network has not decided whether it would telecast the movie in 3D or 2D.
The sides wouldn't discuss financials, but an opening of that caliber normally fetches about $24 million. ABC Family's small slate of acquired features include the "Harry Potter" franchise.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR