ABC Family gives 'Huge' series order
Network also picks up 'Pretty Little Liars'
ABC Family is adding two hourlong series to its original slate.
"Huge," based on a book by Sasha Paley, was written by "My So-Called Life" creator Winnie Holzman and her daughter, Savannah Dooley.
Described as "Glee" meets "Ugly Betty," the direct-to-series project revolves around six teens and the staff at Wellness Canyon, a weight-loss camp.
Holzman is exec producing with Alloy's Leslie Morgenstein and Bob Levy. Robin Schiff (ABC Family's "10 Things I Hate About You") serves as a consulting producer.
The Warner Horizon-produced "Liars," which was originally picked up to pilot, is based on Sara Shepard's books. It follows four estranged best friends (Lucy Hale, Troian Bellisario, Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell) who are reunited one year after their best friend and queen bee of the group, Alison, goes missing -- only to discover they're receiving messages from an anonymous "A" who knows all their secrets.
Laura Leighton and Nia Peeples co-star in the series that's written by Marlene King, who exec produces with Levy and Morgenstein.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR