ABC Family Cancels 'Jane By Design'
The news comes after the cable network renewed several scripted series on Friday.
ABC Family is not moving forward with Jane By Design.
After renewing a slew of scripted series, including Switched at Birth and Baby Daddy, the cable network opted not to bring back the fashion drama that starred Erica Dasher and Andie MacDowell for a second season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Jane By Design, which centered on high schooler Jane Quimby (Dasher) who moonlighted as an executive assistant to a hotshot executive (MacDowell) at a top New York City fashion house, hasn't been a big ratings draw since its January debut, averaging 1.3 million per episode. Jane By Design ended its 18-episode season with 1.2 million viewers in late July.
The series, created by April Blair and executive produced by Gavin Polone, made a splash when it recruited Desperate Housewives' Teri Hatcher to play Jane's absent mother for a multi-episode arc. Hatcher was slated to direct an episode.
In May, MacDowell booked a TV movie for Hallmark Channel, Cedar Cove, based on the Debbie Macomber book that will serve as a backdoor pilot for a series.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR