ABC Family picks up 'Melissa & Joey'
Series order follows 'Pretty Little Liars,' 'Huge'
ABC Family continued its series pickup streak this week with a 10-episode order to comedy pilot "Melissa & Joey."
It follows the 10-episode pickups of new dramas "Pretty Little Liars" and "Huge" earlier in the week.
The multicamera "Melissa & Joey," starring and executive produced by Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence, centers on a political dynasty wild child-turned-politician (Hart) who takes in her teenage niece and pre-adolescent nephew when her sister goes to prison and her brother-in-law flees. She turns for help to a guy (Lawrence), who, desperate for a job, moves in and becomes the family's "manny."
David Kendall and Bob Young wrote the project and are also executive producing, as is Paula Hart.
"Melissa & Joey," which reunites Hart and Lawrence who toplined ABC Family's hit original movie "My Fake Fiance," is slated to premiere in 2010.
"Melissa & Joey" was one of two comedy pilots ordered by ABC Family last fall. The other one, from writer Michael Jacobs, is not going forward.
Additionally, the network confirmed drama series "Lincoln Heights" will not be renewed for a fifth season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack