ABC Lands Lisa Ling's Culture Clash Comedy
The comedy revolves around a widowed Chinese father who raises his eldest daughter like the son he never had who gets into a relationship with the eldest son of a traditional Irish Italian family.
ABC is getting its cultural fill with Lisa Ling.
The Disney owned network has ordered a script for single camera comedy No. One Son. The project, from DreamWorks TV and ABC Studios, centers on a widowed Chinese father who raises his eldest daughter like the son he never had who gets into a relationship with the eldest son of a traditional Irish Italian family.
Shameless scribe Cindy Caponera will serve as No. One's writer and executive producer. DreamWorks' Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank join Ling as EPs on the project.
Caponera, whose other credits include Saturday Night Live, My Boys and Sherri, is repped by ICM; Ling, who is best known for her work on The View and more recently Oprah's OWN, is repped by WME.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)