ABC Greenlights Thriller Drama 'Mistresses' for Potential Summer 2013 Launch
Looking to have more scripted originals during broadcast's otherwise slow summer months, the network is developing the KJ Steinberg female ensemble for a possible 2013 bow.
ABC has ordered Mistresses with an eye towards filling broadcast’s slower summer months.
The drama, penned by Gilded Lillys scribe KJ Steinberg, is being targeted for summer 2013. The project, which counts Bob Sertner as an executive producer, is being billed as a provocative thrilling drama that finds four women with scandalous romantic lives, caught in storms of excitement and self-discovery, secrecy and betrayal, and at the mercy of the complex relationships they’ve created.
The move to schedule a summer scripted series comes as ABC chief Paul Lee increasingly looks to tweak the broadcast model, just as he’s done with shorter seasons, lower budget projects and international co-productions. This spring’s The Missing was initially designed as both a co-production and a summer run, but the Ashley Judd drama will now bow in the spring.
The Mistresses order brings his network's pilot season total to 12 comedies and 13 dramas.
Steinberg, whose other credits include Gossip Girl and The Nine, is repped by WME.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!