ABC moving summer staple 'Wipeout' to winter
Competition series will get its first run during the regular TV season.
ABC is moving its summer reality stable "Wipeout" to the big leagues, giving the Endemol USA-produced obstacle-course competition series its first run during the regular TV season.
Beginning in January, "Wipeout" will return with a "winter wonderland"-themed course, complete with slippery ice and such new stunts as the Spanker Sleds, the Wipeout Ski Lift and the Polar Bear Run.
The network has ordered eight episodes, which will be considered part of the show's recent fourth season. "Wipeout" averaged 9.2 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic during its Tuesday run in the summer.
The move gives ABC additional hole-plugging ammo during midseason.
" 'Wipeout' is one of Endemol's most successful global hits, and it's exciting to see the brand expanding," Endemol USA chairman David Goldberg said. "I'm thrilled that fans of the summer version will now be able to get their fix of laughs and wipeouts set in a winter wonderland."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR