ABC Nabs Reba McEntire Multicamera Comedy
McEntire will executive produce and star as a divorced mother of three who is trying to reignite her singing career in Malibu.
ABC is going country with Reba McEntire.
McEntire is attached to executive produce and star in Malibu Country, which has been sold as a put pilot at the Disney-owned network.
The multi-camera comedy project, from ABC Studios, centers on Reba, who divorces her cheating husband and moves her family from Nashville to Malibu. There she'll try to reignite her own singing career and keep herself and three kids from being corrupted by the materialistic and rarified Malibu world she now calls home.
The project counts Kevin Abbott as a writer, with Narvel Blackstock (McEntire's manager), Laura Ziskin Productions' Pam Williams, Dave Stewart (former of the Eurythmics) and Acme Productions' Mindy Schultheis and Michael Hanel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR