ABC News Announces 'NY Med' For Summer Run
The medical docuseries, from the producers of "Hopkins" and "Boston Med," will highlight professionals and patients at New York-Presbyterian Hospital -- including talk show host Dr. Oz.
Two years after Boston Med, ABC News is launching another summer medical docuseries, this time setting up shop at New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City.
NY Med, from the producers of Boston Med and 2008 iteration Hopkins, will debut its eight-part run on the network, at 10 p.m. Tuesday, July 10. The series, which includes a year's worth of footage from the hospital's Columbia and Weill Cornell medical centers, follows both the doctors and patients of the facility.
"Medicine is a universal subject. At some point in our lives we or those we love will become patients for one reason or another," said EP Terry Wrong. "This series takes you behind the curtain to learn about those we depend on to fix us and how sometimes they just can’t.”
ABC News president Ben Sherwood added: "Terry Wrong and his team have brilliantly captured the incredible drama and life and death inside one of the world's great hospitals. Real and riveting, NY Med is sure to enlighten, engage and inspire viewers."
Among the personalities profiled in NY Med is Dr. Mehmet Oz. The Oprah Winfrey media mentee and host of The Dr. Oz Show still works as a heart surgeon, and some of his operations will be documented on the series.
EP Wrong is joined by supervising producer Erica Baumgart and series producer Monica DelaRosa.
The last episode of Boston Med, which aired in August 2010, pulled a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 4.7 million viewers.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!