ABC News Special to Feature Never-Heard Interviews With Jacqueline Kennedy (Video)
The two-hour program also will include Diane Sawyer's exclusive interview with Caroline Kennedy.
ABC News on Wednesday announced a two-hour special about Jacqueline Kennedy that will feature never-before-heard interviews with the former first lady.
Jacqueline Kennedy: In Her Own Words will air from 9-11 p.m. ET on Sept. 13, with Diane Sawyer reporting.
The special, timed to coincide with the Sept. 14 publication of the book Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy, will feature interviews of Kennedy that were recorded soon after her husband's death.
In the interviews, conducted by historian Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr., Kennedy talks about life with her husband, their life in the White House and the events that shaped the Kennedy Administration, including their early years on the campaign trail, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Bay of Pigs and his final days in office.
The ABC News special also will feature Sawyer's exclusive interview with Kennedy's daughter, Caroline Kennedy, author of the book, which is being published by Hyperion, a Disney-owned sister company of ABC.
Watch a preview below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack