ABC News’ 'This Week with George Stephanopoulos' Grows in Week 2, Hits 10-Month High
The returning moderator gives the Sunday series a boost since Christiane Amanpour departed the post in December.
This Week is enjoying stronger ratings since the return of moderator George Stephanopoulos. The ABC News Sunday morning political talker recently saw its best ratings in almost 10 months.
Nielsen Media Research gives the Jan. 15 broadcast of this week 2.657 million viewers, with 780,000 in news' coveted adults 25-54 demo. That marks respective 12 and 4 percent gains from the revamped series Jan. 8 debut, which brought in 2.36 million viewers and 747,000 in the demo.
Jan. 15 marked the most-watched This Week broadcast since March 20, 2011.
The recent broadcasts mark a modest bump from Christiane Amanpour's time as host. Before ending her brief tenure on Christmas day, an episode of This Week netted 2.3 million viewers and 669 among adults 25-54.
Still behind NBC's Meet the Press and CBS' Face the Nation, This Week (and other Sunday morning talkers) will likely enjoy boosted ratings as interest in the 2012 presidential election drives viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR