ABC orders game show set on skyscraper
ABC is taking the network game show to new heights with a series from Fremantle Media North America.
In "Downfall," players answer trivia questions on top of a skyscraper in a major metropolitan city for $1 million in cash and prizes.
If they lose, the contestants risk seeing their winnings go off the side of the building. The players might also take a controlled plunge, though that part is still being worked out.
"'Downfall' is a new, hybrid, high-stakes field game show where fearless contestants have to fight and focus hard to keep their winnings from falling off the side of a building," executive producer Scott St. John said.
ABC has ordered an unspecified number of episodes for a summer bow from veteran game show producers Fremantle. Chris Ahern and Graham Shaw are supervising producers.
"Downfall" joins several projects that ABC has in the works for summer and beyond, including an ice dancing series from BBC Worldwide, an extreme weight-loss reality show from J.D. Roth and a deceptive game show from producer Mark Burnett.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'