ABC orders game show set on skyscraper
ABC is taking the network game show to new heights with a series from Fremantle Media North America.
In "Downfall," players answer trivia questions on top of a skyscraper in a major metropolitan city for $1 million in cash and prizes.
If they lose, the contestants risk seeing their winnings go off the side of the building. The players might also take a controlled plunge, though that part is still being worked out.
"'Downfall' is a new, hybrid, high-stakes field game show where fearless contestants have to fight and focus hard to keep their winnings from falling off the side of a building," executive producer Scott St. John said.
ABC has ordered an unspecified number of episodes for a summer bow from veteran game show producers Fremantle. Chris Ahern and Graham Shaw are supervising producers.
"Downfall" joins several projects that ABC has in the works for summer and beyond, including an ice dancing series from BBC Worldwide, an extreme weight-loss reality show from J.D. Roth and a deceptive game show from producer Mark Burnett.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'