ABC orders Mark Burnett game show pilot
Mark Burnett is back in the game show business.
ABC has ordered a pilot from the prolific producer for "Trust Me, I'm a Game Show Host."
In a format twist, the show will have two hosts who will match wits about various subjects with contestants culled from a studio audience.
One of the hosts will be telling the truth, the other will be deceptive, and contestants will have to figure out which to trust. Casting is under way for the two hosts.
The pilot, produced by Mark Burnett Prods. and Monkey Kingdom, comes after Burnett's game show "Our Little Genius" was pulled from Fox's schedule before its debut after Burnett alerted the network that young contestants might have received information about the show's questions in advance.
Burnett's "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" was a long-running quiz show on Fox.
The producer still awaits a verdict from ABC on the fate of his reality series "Shark Tank." The show debuted in the fall but struggled in the ratings in tough time periods.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera