ABC Orders Parenting Game Show 'Bet on Your Baby'
The network has ordered eight episodes of the reality competition, where parents predict their toddler's next move for college tuition prize money.
ABC is offering a new solution to fight student loan debt: betting on children.
The network has ordered eight episodes of Bet on Your Baby, a primetime game show where families will compete to see which parents can predict their child's next move. During each hourlong episode, five families with children between the ages of 2 and 3 1/2 will play a self-contained challenge -- as in against themselves, rather than against other families. Those that advance then will compete for the chance to win $50,000 toward their toddler's college fund.
The competition is produced by Electus and 5x5 Media (Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, Fashion Star, Supernanny) and will be hosted by actress-comedian Melissa Peterman (The Singing Bee, Baby Daddy, Working Class).
"The concept of the show just appealed to me on many levels because as a mom, I liked the fact that the kids are having fun and being themselves, it's the parents playing the game," Peterman said in a release. "As someone who likes funny, there is no one more naturally hilarious and fun to watch than a toddler."
Bet on Your Baby is slated to premiere in April on ABC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR