ABC picks up '187 Detroit' pilot
Documentary-style show will compete for fall slot
ABC has picked up a crime drama pilot set in Detroit.
Titled "187 Detroit," the pilot marks ABC's first drama pickup that will be in the running for next season.
In "Detroit," a fictional documentary crew follows a top homicide division. It has a realistic yet sometimes humorous tone.
It is produced by ABC Studios and Mandeville, which has a first-look deal with the studio. Feature writer Jason Richman ("Bangkok Dangerous") penned the script and is executive producing with Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
ABC has been aggressive in getting an early start on the pilot season. Before the holidays, the network handed out pilot orders to two comedies, "Women Are Crazy, Men Are Stupid" and "Awkward Situations for Men."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR