ABC picks up 'Southern Discomfort'
Pilot steps in for 'Women are Crazy, Men are Stupid'
ABC has handed out a late pilot order to the multicamera comedy "Southern Discomfort."
The project, from Sony Pictures TV, Tantamount and ABC Studios, was written by Chad Kultgen, who co-wrote last year's CBS comedy pilot "Waiting to Die," also from Sony and Tantamount.
"Cheers" veteran Rob Long has come aboard as showrunner. He will executive produce with Kultgen, Eric Tannenbaum, Kim Tannenbaum and Mitch Hurwitz.
"Discomfort" centers on a father whose life is turned upside down when his grown kids move back in with him.
The pickup of "Discomfort" fills a void on ABC's pilot slate left by the recent decision to shelve the network's multicamera pilot "Women are Crazy, Men are Stupid" because of difficulties casting the leads.
ABC and Sony already are proceeding with casting "Discomfort," which marks the fifth pilot order for Tantamount this season.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR