ABC picks up two drama pilots
'Off the Map,' 'Body of Evidence' given green light
ABC on Tuesday picked up two more pilots, a new medical drama from "Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rhimes, and "Body of Evidence," both from ABC Studios.
"Off the Map," executive produced by Rhimes, revolves around three doctors, each anxious for a fresh start. They leave the comfort of the States to work at an isolated tropical clinic, where they face both exotic and unusual medical challenges as well as personal ones.
"Grey's Anatomy" co-exec producer Jenna Bans wrote the script and is executive producing with Rhimes and Betsy Beers.
"Body of Evidence," is a procedural that centers on Megan Hunt, a former neurosurgeon-turned-medical examiner who brings a unique and crime-solving perspective to the ME's office that often puts her at odds with her superiors.
Chris Murphey wrote the script and is exec producing with Matt Gross, on whose idea the project is based.
Gross described "Body of Evidence" as "a female postmortem 'House'."
Earlier on Tuesday, ABC ordered the comedy pilot "Happy Endings."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack