ABC Picks Up '101 Ways To Leave a Game Show' for Summer
The network has ordered six episodes of the series from “Wipeout” executive producer Matt Kunitz.
ABC has picked up 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show for a summer bow.
The network on Thursday ordered six episodes of the game show from Wipeout executive producer Matt Kunitz where contestants answer multiple choice questions in a bid to win a $50,000 cash prize.
The caveat, however, comes when contestants are eliminated and face a “more funny than evil” ejection, Kunitz told THR at ABC’s January TCA press stop.
Based on the Endemol format, ejections could include contestants being flown away strapped to the wing of a biplane or shot out of a cannon.
“Incorporating action-packed stunts that will eject contestants so outlandishly within the show is sure to keep contestants and viewers on the edge of their seats having no idea what to expect next,” Endemol North America chairman David Goldberg said in a statement announcing the pickup.
Jeff Sutphen (BrainSurge) will host.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR