ABC Rated Favorite TV Brand in U.S. (Survey)
The Disney-owned channel edges out CBS in an annual poll, with NBC and Fox coming up close behind.
TORONTO -- American consumers surveyed named ABC the top "must keep TV" brand in the U.S., selected by just under half of respondents.
Consultants Solutions Research Group found 47 per cent of those interviewed favored the alphabet channel, narrowly beating out CBS, FOX, and NBC.
ABC, being favored by 49 per cent of respondents, switched places in the fourth edition of the Must Keep TV poll with CBS, which topped the previous edition of the independent tracking survey.
The survey also found ESPN repeated as the top cable brand for American consumers, after the four major networks.
Discovery, Food Network, History, USA and TNT round out the 2011 Top 10 channel brands.
The Canadian-based survey also found that, for the first time since 2007, HBO failed to make the top 10 TV brands list, this year occupying 13th place.
Also falling down the league table of top American TV brands is Nickelodeon, The Cartoon Network and CW, according to the survey of 1400 Americans conducted in March 2011.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama