ABC Rated Favorite TV Brand in U.S. (Survey)
The Disney-owned channel edges out CBS in an annual poll, with NBC and Fox coming up close behind.
TORONTO -- American consumers surveyed named ABC the top "must keep TV" brand in the U.S., selected by just under half of respondents.
Consultants Solutions Research Group found 47 per cent of those interviewed favored the alphabet channel, narrowly beating out CBS, FOX, and NBC.
ABC, being favored by 49 per cent of respondents, switched places in the fourth edition of the Must Keep TV poll with CBS, which topped the previous edition of the independent tracking survey.
The survey also found ESPN repeated as the top cable brand for American consumers, after the four major networks.
Discovery, Food Network, History, USA and TNT round out the 2011 Top 10 channel brands.
The Canadian-based survey also found that, for the first time since 2007, HBO failed to make the top 10 TV brands list, this year occupying 13th place.
Also falling down the league table of top American TV brands is Nickelodeon, The Cartoon Network and CW, according to the survey of 1400 Americans conducted in March 2011.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!