ABC sets 'Rookie Blue' premiere
13-part Canadian cop drama to debut June 24
TORONTO -- ABC is to debut the Canadian cop drama "Rookie Blue" on Thursday, June 24 at 9 p.m., simultaneously with its Canadian debut on Global Television, it was announced Wednesday.
The 13-part drama, previously titled "Copper," is from E1 Entertainment and Thump Inc., and was shot on location in Toronto.
The series about five inexperienced rookies thrown into the world of big city policing stars Missy Peregrym, Gregory Smith ("Everwood"), Enuka Okuma and Travis Milne.
"Rookie Blue" is executive produced by Tassie Cameron ("Flashpoint"), Ilana Frank, Noreen Halpern, John Morayniss and David Wellington.
A second E1 Entertainment cop drama, "The Bridge," in March bowed up north on CTV before securing an airdate with CBS stateside.
To date, "The Bridge" has had an average total audience of 1.06 million, with its latest Friday night outing on April 2 snagging 871,000 total viewers.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David