ABC sets 'Rookie Blue' premiere
13-part Canadian cop drama to debut June 24
TORONTO -- ABC is to debut the Canadian cop drama "Rookie Blue" on Thursday, June 24 at 9 p.m., simultaneously with its Canadian debut on Global Television, it was announced Wednesday.
The 13-part drama, previously titled "Copper," is from E1 Entertainment and Thump Inc., and was shot on location in Toronto.
The series about five inexperienced rookies thrown into the world of big city policing stars Missy Peregrym, Gregory Smith ("Everwood"), Enuka Okuma and Travis Milne.
"Rookie Blue" is executive produced by Tassie Cameron ("Flashpoint"), Ilana Frank, Noreen Halpern, John Morayniss and David Wellington.
A second E1 Entertainment cop drama, "The Bridge," in March bowed up north on CTV before securing an airdate with CBS stateside.
To date, "The Bridge" has had an average total audience of 1.06 million, with its latest Friday night outing on April 2 snagging 871,000 total viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack