ABC 'Sorry' for Airing Nicki Minaj Wardrobe Slip-Up
"Although we had a five-second delay in place for the Nicki Minaj concert on 'GMA,' the live East Coast feed of the concert regrettably included certain fleeting images of the performer," the network said.
On Friday, ABC apologized to its viewers for airing Nicki Minaj's wardrobe malfunction during a Good Morning America concert that exposed her left breast earlier that morning, Reuters reports.
"Although we had a five-second delay in place for the Nicki Minaj concert on GMA, the live East Coast feed of the concert regrettably included certain fleeting images of the performer that were taken out of later feeds of the broadcast in other time zones," ABC said in a statement. "We are sorry that this occurred."
The 28-year-old R&B singer's low-cut top slipped while she was performing at Central Park's Rumsey Playfield as part of GMA's summer concert series. Viewers were angered by the live slip-up and even the Parents Television Council had some choice words about ABC's inability to use its five-second delay for the live telecast.
On the West Coast airing of GMA, wardrobe malfunction was not shown.
Minaj's malfunction didn't stop her from continuing on with her set. She continued performing "Moment for Life" and "Super Bass."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR