ABC takes two more pilots
'Matadors' and 'True Blue' added to net's drama bullpen
ABC continued its pilot shopping spree Thursday with two more drama pickups: "Matadors" and "True Blue."
"Matadors," from Sony TV and writer/executive producer Jack Orman ("ER"), centers on two feuding families, one in the Chicago district attorney's office and the other opposing them in the city's most influential private law firm.
"True Blue," from ABC Studios, is a soap described as "The Big Chill" set in a homicide squad. It centers on a group of San Francisco homicide detectives who reunite to solve the murder of one of their own and, in the process, revive old passions, rivalries and friendships.
Based on a story by writer Jon Feldman ("Dirty Sexy Money") and ABC Studios-based producers Chris Brancato and Bert Salke, the pilot was written by Feldman and Brancato.
All three executive produce.
The orders follow the pickup of three pilots by ABC on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed