ABC to televise 'Bachelor' wedding
Net will air Jason Mesnick, Molly Malaney nuptials in March
ABC is planning another trip down the aisle, as "The Bachelor" couple Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney will tie the knot next month on the network.
The two-hour "The Bachelor: Jason and Molly's Wedding" is set to air March 8. The event will include the bride's dress fitting, planning for the big day, bachelor and bachelorette parties and the ceremony. Past "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" couples and participants will be on the guest list.
ABC and producers Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television have every right to assume a "Bachelor" wedding will draw viewers.
After Trista Rehn met Ryan Sutter on "The Bachelorette" in 2002, their wedding on ABC was a ratings smash, drawing more than 17.1 million viewers.
Mesnick and Malaney's vows mark the latest twist in narrative that's extended through a couple of seasons of the "Bachelor" franchise.
Mesnick was one of the final two bachelors on DeAnna Pappas' edition of "The Bachelorette." Rejected by Pappas, he became the first single dad on "The Bachelor" and proposed to Melissa Rycroft in the finale, only to change his mind and break up with Rycroft on the air and instead propose to runner-up Malaney.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR