ABC's 'Cougar Town' Drops Double Digits
Fox easily wins Wednesday with "American Idol," but ABC’s all-comedy Wednesday is also marked by a regular season low for "Modern Family" and significant second-week decline for "Happy Endings."
Fox easily topped Wednesday with American Idol’s top seven contestants performing for the judges. Idol averaged a 6.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 21.7 million viewers overall for its 90-minute telecast. New comedy Breaking In (2.5, 7.5 million) was down four percent week-to-week. So far this season, Idol is down seven percent in the demo and up a notch (one percent) among total viewers. Fox averaged a 5.8 rating with 18.2 million viewers for the night.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR