ABC's 'Revenge' Hands Out Pilot Scripts and Towels to Hamptons-Bound Vacationers
Jitney riders will get printed copies, while those at home can download the Emily VanCamp pilot scripts for free, in an effort to promote the new series.
Revenge is a dish best served... on the Jitney?
In an effort to lure potential viewers to the ABC mystery ahead of fall's TV crush, the network has opted to dole out the series' pilot script to passengers aboard the Hamptons-bound buses this Labor Day weekend. The script will also be available for free download at the Kindle store until Sept. 21, the date the Hamptons-based series premieres.
The get-out-the-word campaign will continue on Sept. 3 with the dissemination of Revenge towels for beach-goers in the Hamptons, Jersey Shore and Los Angeles. Jitney riders will received towels in addition to scripts.
Revenge, which ABC entertainment Group Paul Lee called one of “our internal favorites” during August's Television Critics Association tour last month, is billed as a contemporary reimagining of The Count of Monte Cristo.
The drama centers on a mysterious young woman, played by Emily VanCamp, who is welcomed into a rich Hamptons community filled with people who don't know she's there to exact revenge on the people who had destroyed her family.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR