'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer in Talks to Direct 'About Last Night' Remake
Steve Pink is in negotiations to direct the remake, which features a new script from "Bachelorette's" Leslye Headland.
Steve Pink, who most recently directed Hot Tub Time Machine, is in negotiations to direct About Last Night, Screen Gems' remake of the 1980s Rob Lowe-Demi Moore movie.
The company is making the movie with an all-black cast, headlined by rising star Kevin Hart along with Michael Ealy and Regina King.
The source material for both movies is David Mamet’s 1974 play Sexual Perversity in Chicago. Edward Zwick directed the 1986 film.
Leslye Headland (Bachelorette, FX’s Terriers) wrote the new script, which concerns a man and woman who enter into a relationship, but their friends get in the way.
Will Gluck, who directed and produced Easy A, starring Emma Stone, is producing the new movie.
Pink, who was known for screenplay work such as Grosse Pointe Blank and High Fidelity, made his directorial debut with 2006’s Accepted, which starred Justin Long and a young Jonah Hill. He also is attached to direct Bad Santa 2.
Pink is repped by UTA, Mosaic and Morris Yorn.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR