Abu Dhabi Film Festival Introduces Environmental Award
Festival partners with renewable energy company Masdar to offer $15,000 prize.
LONDON -- Abu Dhabi Film Festival (ADFF) is partnering with renewable energy company Masdar for the sidebar established to showcase movies on environmental issues.
The festival sidebar is changing its name from “What in the World are We Doing to Our World” to “Our World” and carries an award of $15,000.
The Our World award will go to the film with “the highest potential to broaden public awareness of significant environmental issues,” organizers said.
A jury consisting of students from the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) will select the winning film.
Masdar is helping ADFF in going green by carrying out an environmental analysis of its operations and assisting the festival in offsetting carbon emissions as this year’s edition approaches.
The festival runs Oct. 13 through 22.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR