Ari Emanuel, Tom Freston, Bill Gates to Speak at Abu Dhabi Media Summit
The annual event will see the agent speak about "Hollywood vs Silicon Valley: Can’t we all be friends?" and also feature YouTube content guru Robert Kyncl and Viacom International Media Networks CEO Bob Bakish.
Super-agent Ari Emanuel, YouTube content guru Robert Kyncl, Bill Gates, former MTV and Viacom boss Tom Freston and Viacom International Media Networks CEO Bob Bakish will be among the top Hollywood and tech executives scheduled to appear at next month's Abu Dhabi Media Summit 2012.
The annual invitation-only industry gathering in the emirate will take place with more than 400 confirmed global media executives Oct. 9-11 at the Yas Viceroy Hotel on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. This year's theme is "Redefining the Digital Frontier."
Microsoft founder Gates, speaking in his role as co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, will give a Tuesday afternoon keynote speech on the topic of “global development” under the title "The Next Road Ahead."
He will be followed by a fireside chat on the topic of “Hollywood vs Silicon Valley: Can’t we all be friends?" with William Morris Endeavor co-CEO Emanuel.
Wednesday's lineup includes a roundtable discussion on the growth of usage of tablet computers with Weather Channel chairman and CEO David Kenny and Jim Wuthrich, president, international home entertainment & digital at Warner Bros., a discussion under the theme "Generation Tweet?" and a discussion with YouTube global head of content Kyncl/Global and Uday Shankar, CEO of News Corp. pay TV platform Star India, about "The War for the Living Room: The Internet takes on television."
Also on tap for that day are a session about global media going local with Bakish and Sai Kumar, group CEO of Indian joint venture Network 18, a fireside with China Media Capital chairman Li Ruigang and a conversation with Freston under the title "Rock the Casbah."
Thursday will be dedicated to an "innovation forum" with appearances and advice from entrepreneurs and venture investors and such speakers as Viacom International Media Networks executive vp Antonio Campo Dall’Orto, who will discuss "Millennials in the Middle East," and Mohammad Gawdat, Google's vp emerging markets.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10