Academy Awards Nicholl Fellowships to Five Writers
The prizes, worth $35,000 each, will be awarded at a dinner Nov. 8 in Beverly Hills.
Five writers have been selected as winners of the 2012 Academy Nicholl Fellowships, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Thursday.
The are: Nikole Beckwith of Brooklyn, N.Y. for the screenplay Stockholm, Pennsylvania; Sean Robert Daniels, Laezonia, Gauteng, South Africa, Killers; James DiLapo, New York, N.Y., Devils at Play; Allan Durand, Lafayette, La., Willie Francis Must Die; and Michael Werwie, L.A., Ca., Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.
Each writer will receive a $35,000 prize, the first installment of which will be distributed at a gala dinner in Beverly Hills on Nov. 8. The winners were selected from a record 7,197 submissions.
The Academy Nicholl Fellowships Committee is chaired by producer Gale Anne Hurd and includes writers Naomi Foner, Daniel Petrie, Jr., Tom Rickman and Dana Stevens; actor Eva Marie Saint; cinematographers John Bailey and Steven B. Poster; costume desinger Vicki Sanchez; executive Bill Mechanic; producers Peter Samuelson and Robert W. Shapiro; marketing executive Buffy Shutt; and agent Ronald R. Mardigian.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!