Academy Beginning Renovations of Beverly Hills Headquarters
The Academy staff will relocate to temporary offices at the May Company building, but operations will continue at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
The Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences is beginning renovations at its headquarters building at 8949 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills.
The project, which begins this November and will continue until the fall of 2014, is designed to make repairs to the building, designed by architect Maxwell Starkman, which opened in December, 1975, according to the Academy.
During that time, the Academy’s staff will relocate temporarily to the May Company building, at Wilshire and Fairfax, which will be the site of the new Academy Museum, due to open in 2017.
Operation of the 1,012-seat Samuel Goldwyn Theater, located at the Academy headquarters, will not be affected. It will remain open and continue to be the venue for membership, nomination and voting screenings as well as public programs.
The seven-story building also contains the Academy’s executive offices as well as the boardroom where its board of governors meets.
During the staff relocation, the Academy’s phone, mailing address and other contact information will remain the same, an Academy official said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR