New Academy President Hawk Koch Stepping Down as PGA President
While he takes a temporary leave from his PGA post, the group's other president, Mark Gordon, will serve as sole PGA president.
Hawk Koch, who was elected president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for a one-year term Tuesday night, is temporarily stepping down as president of the Producers Guild of America.
Koch has been serving as PGA president alongside fellow producer Mark Gordon. The PGA issued a statement Wednesday saying, “In light of Hawk Koch’s new position as the president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Koch is taking a leave of absence from the presidency of the Producers Guild of America. Mark Gordon will continue as the sole president of the PGA.”
"I am thrilled for Hawk, whose dedication to the industry is unsurpassed. There is no one whose council I value more so I will, of course, continue to seek his advice in matters relating to the PGA," Gordon said.
Koch's term as Academy president will run through Aug. 1, 2013, and at that point, he is expected to rejoin Gordon as co-president of the PGA for the remaining ten months of their term.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack