Academy Unveils New Logo Featuring Oscar Statuette
"This design gives the Academy a presence in its own logo for the first time and underscores our efforts to support creative arts and sciences year-round," said the Academy's chief marketing officer, Christina Kounelias.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences unveiled a new logo Tuesday that features a triangular image with an Oscar statue.
"This design gives the Academy a presence in its own logo for the first time and underscores our efforts to support creative arts and sciences year-round," said Christina Kounelias, chief marketing officer of the Academy, in a statement.
The Academy began its search for a logo two years ago. According to Kounelias, "We set out to build something that accurately reflects our community of artists, their diverse talents, and the creative process they employ to bring disparate ideas together into a single vision."
The triangular shape is created from a spotlight above, which unites the "A" (for "Academy") with the iconic statuette.
Creative agency 180LA helped develop the new visual identity for the Academy, which is gearing up for the opening of the new Academy Museum in 2017.
The announcement by the Academy also included several other visual inspirations, and a video explaining the new logo. (Watch below.)
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws