Academy Unveils New Logo Featuring Oscar Statuette
"This design gives the Academy a presence in its own logo for the first time and underscores our efforts to support creative arts and sciences year-round," said the Academy's chief marketing officer, Christina Kounelias.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences unveiled a new logo Tuesday that features a triangular image with an Oscar statue.
"This design gives the Academy a presence in its own logo for the first time and underscores our efforts to support creative arts and sciences year-round," said Christina Kounelias, chief marketing officer of the Academy, in a statement.
The Academy began its search for a logo two years ago. According to Kounelias, "We set out to build something that accurately reflects our community of artists, their diverse talents, and the creative process they employ to bring disparate ideas together into a single vision."
The triangular shape is created from a spotlight above, which unites the "A" (for "Academy") with the iconic statuette.
Creative agency 180LA helped develop the new visual identity for the Academy, which is gearing up for the opening of the new Academy Museum in 2017.
The announcement by the Academy also included several other visual inspirations, and a video explaining the new logo. (Watch below.)
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!