The Academy's Lousy Foreign Policy
Tricky rules make some of the best international films ineligible for Oscar.
Several of 2011's most acclaimed foreign films, including Angelina Jolie's Bosnian-language In the Land of Blood and Honey and Albania's The Forgiveness of Blood, are ineligible for best foreign-language picture at the Oscars. So is France's The Artist, meaning it could well win best picture but won't contend in the foreign-language category.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR