Acapulco Film Fest to Honor Sylvester Stallone
The actor-director is set to open the festival with the Mexican premiere of "Grudge Match."
BUENOS AIRES – Organizers of the ninth annual Acapulco International Film Festival announced Friday that Sylvester Stallone will be the guest of honor for the opening night gala, which will feature the Mexican premiere of the actor's new film Grudge Match.
The red carpet movie premiere will take place Jan. 24 in The Forum of Mundo Imperial. Stallone has made several films in Mexico and shot Rambo on location in Acapulco.
"People know him, and for him, it is an honor to return to Mexico and, specifically, Acapulco and to return some of the affection that the people of Mexico have always bestowed on him," said Victor Sotomayor director for FICA, at a press conference.
The weeklong festival also will feature documentaries, short films, expositions, writing workshops and special tourist activities. More information can be found here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR