Layoffs Hit 'Access Hollywood' (Exclusive)
UPDATED: Sources place the number of employees let go at 14.
Although syndicated entertainment magazine show Access Hollywood is having a strong season, with ratings up 5 percent from last year, there were significant layoffs Wednesday.
Sources place the number of employees let go at more than 14, including a few freelance workers. However, there will be no change in the major on-air talent, including host Billy Bush.
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, an Access Hollywood spokesperson would only say that the show had made “staffing adjustments that make sense for our business and position us well for the future.”
The Access Hollywood layoffs hit hardest in the research department, according to a source.
Season-to-date, Access’s ratings are a 2.0 in households, an average of 2.8 million viewers per day. In the key demographic of women from 25 to 54, the viewership is up 8 percent compared with a year earlier.
Access was also up 10 percent in February, the most recent sweep period. Among daily entertainment newsmagazines, Entertainment Tonight is No. 1 with a 3.2 rating, while Access Hollywood is in a virtual tie with TMZ (2.0) and ahead of The Insider (1.7 rating) and Extra (1.6 rating).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emma Roberts Wants to See More 'True Detective'!
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!