Accused Shania Twain Stalker In Second Courtroom Outburst
Ex-doctor John Palumbo, on trial in Toronto for criminal harassment, leapt to his feet to tell the Canadian country music star: "Please understand. It is emotional. I have emotions, very strong emotions."
TORONTO - An Ottawa man on trial for stalking Shania Twain on Friday for a second day running rose in the prisoner’s box in a Toronto courtroom to tell the Canadian songstress he had no idea she had received his lovelorn letters.
"But I didn't know you received any of them — you understand?" John Palumbo, an ex-doctor on trial for criminal harassment and violating court orders, told Twain after she testified via video link that receiving and reading one of her accused stalker’s letters was “scary and haunting,” the Montreal Gazette newspaper reported.
"It is emotional. I have emotions, very strong emotions especially when they (letters) are supposed to be lighthearted," he added when addressing Ontario Justice Richard Schneider just before a courtroom recess was ordered.
Twain had just been cross-examined by Palumbo’s lawyer, where she said reading Palumbo’s correspondence put her through an emotional wringer.
"It's very exhausting and unusual,” she reportedly said.
Palumbo made an earlier courtroom outburst on Thursday where he rose in the prisoner’s box to tell Twain he will apparently be pleading guilty.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10