ACM Awards: Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley to Open Show
The two will be joined by Luke Bryan, Sheryl Crow and the Pistol Annies for the opening number.
Husband and wife team Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert will join forces with some of country music's top artists for the opening number of the Academy of Country Music Awards.
Lambert and her group Pistol Annies -- which includes members Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley -- will join Shelton on stage to sing his new single "Boys 'Round Here," Dick Clark productions and The Academy of Country Music announced Thursday. The performance will also feature Sheryl Crow, Luke Bryan (Shelton's co-host for the evening) and Brad Paisley on the guitar.
"Boys 'Round Here" is Shelton's second single off his new album, Based on a True Story…, following the release of "Sure Be Cool If You Did."
The artists opening the show join a long list of previously announced performers, including Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum and Kenny Chesney. More previously announced performers can be found here.
The 48th Academy of Country Music Awards will be held on Sunday, April 7, at the MGM Gran Garden Arena in Las Vegas. They will be broadcast live on CBS at 8 p.m. ET, with a tape delay for the West Coast.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR