Actor Otto, Producer Brokemper, Author Regener On Munich Newcomer Jury
The trio will judge the best new German director, producer, screenwriter and actor at this year’s Munich Film Festival.
COLOGNE, Germany – German actor Gotz Otto (Iron Sky), producer Bettina Brokemper (Honey) and screenwriter and author Sven Regener (Berlin Blues) will judge the best young German talent at this year’s Munich International Film Festival (June 29 – July 7).
The trio will make up the jury judging the Neues Deutsches Kino prizes, given to the best young German director, producer, screenwriter and actor appearing at this year’s Munich fest.
The Neues Deutsches Kino honors come with cash bursaries: around $40,000 (€30,000) for best director, $25,000 (€20,000) for best producer and $12,000 (€10,000) each for best actor and best screenwriter. For the first time this year, Germany’s DZ Bank, together with film studio Bavaria Film and public broadcaster BR, is putting up the money for the prizes.
Contenders have to have a film in Munich’s Neues Deutsches Kino sidebar. Directors, actors and screenwriters only qualify if their Munich entry is their first, second or third feature project. Producers can qualify if they have made six or fewer feature films.
The jury will announce the winners of this year’s Neues Deutsches Kino prizes in Munich July 6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR