Report: Actress Susan Luckey Dies at 74
She starred as a youngster in the famed movie musicals “Carousel” and “The Music Man.”
Susan Luckey, who played young daughters in the classic movie musicals Carousel and The Music Man, died Nov. 29 at her home in Los Angeles, TMZ reported Wednesday. She was 74.
Luckey starred as Billy Bigelow’s (Gordon MacRae) kid in Carousel (1956) and as Zaneeta, Mayor Shinn’s (Paul Ford) daughter, in The Music Man (1962). In one memorable scene in Music Man, she kissed Timmy Everett while hanging upside down on a jungle gym.
Luckey's last movie role was a small part in Step Out of Your Mind (1966).
She was married to actor Larry Douglas from 1964 until his death in 1996.
On Broadway in the 1950s, Luckey performed in the stage musicals Peter Pan and Take Me Along. She also appeared in the 1957 telefilm Annie Get Your Gun and the series The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show.
Survivors include her daughter Shayna.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR