Report: Actress Susan Luckey Dies at 74
She starred as a youngster in the famed movie musicals “Carousel” and “The Music Man.”
Susan Luckey, who played young daughters in the classic movie musicals Carousel and The Music Man, died Nov. 29 at her home in Los Angeles, TMZ reported Wednesday. She was 74.
Luckey starred as Billy Bigelow’s (Gordon MacRae) kid in Carousel (1956) and as Zaneeta, Mayor Shinn’s (Paul Ford) daughter, in The Music Man (1962). In one memorable scene in Music Man, she kissed Timmy Everett while hanging upside down on a jungle gym.
Luckey's last movie role was a small part in Step Out of Your Mind (1966).
She was married to actor Larry Douglas from 1964 until his death in 1996.
On Broadway in the 1950s, Luckey performed in the stage musicals Peter Pan and Take Me Along. She also appeared in the 1957 telefilm Annie Get Your Gun and the series The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show.
Survivors include her daughter Shayna.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Gwyneth Paltrow Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker After Multiple Scares
- Elizabeth Warren On Whether Women Are Treated Differently Than Men In Washington: 'Yep.'
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey's 'The Nest' Will Open Opposite 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Robyn & Röyksopp Release Two New Songs From 'Do It Again' EP