Adam Beach leaving 'Law & Order: SVU'
Adam Beach is departing NBC's crime drama "Law & Order: SVU" at the end of the season.
Beach joined Dick Wolf's crime drama last fall under a one-year deal, which had an option for a second. The two sides have decided not to exercise the option.
On "L&O: SVU," from Wolf Films and Universal Media Studios, Beach plays Chester Lake, an SVU detective from Brooklyn.
"I very much enjoyed my year on 'Law & Order: SVU'," Beach said. "Now I'm looking forward to new adventures."
Beach joined "L&O: SVU" on the heels of his starring role in Wolf's Emmy-winning HBO film "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," which earned the actor a Golden Globe nomination.
"Adam is a superb actor," Wolf said. "From the first day I met him on the set of 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,' I was knocked out by his commitment, dedication and total immersion in the film's most crucial role. He did a terrific job this season on 'SVU,' and I look forward to working with him again in the near future."
Beach's departure from "L&O: SVU" follows the news that another regular on the show, veteran Diane Neal, also is exiting the series.
It is understood that Neal's A.D.A. Casey Novak will be replaced with a new A.D.A. character to be introduced next season. Beach's role is not expected to be recast.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10