Adam Bonnett Promoted at Disney Channels Worldwide
The former THR Next Gen member will now serve in the newly created role as exec vp original programming.
Disney Channels Worldwide is promoting Adam Bonnett.
A former member of The Hollywood Reporter's Next Gen class of executives under 35 has been tapped executive vp original programming following a record-setting year of ratings.
In the newly created role, Bonnett will continue to oversee all live-action development and current original series and movies for Disney Channel and Disney XD as well as casting and talent relations for both channels.
"Adam is an extraordinarily talented executive who brilliantly blends great storytelling with great comedy and in doing so, has helped create the No. 1 kids network on television," said Disney Channels Worldwide president and COO Gary Marsh, to whom Bonnett will report. "His instinct for finding and developing the nucleus of what makes great kid and family programming is unrivaled."
Under Bonnett's ledership, Disney Channel has scored the top five live-action TV series among kids 6-11 in 2012 -- Good Luck Charlie, Jessie, Shake It Up, Austin & Ally and A.N.T. Farm. Bonnett also developed Disney Channel's newest entry, Dog With a Blog and the upcoming Liv and Maddie, among other original movies.
Bonnett joined Disney Channel in 1997 and has developed series including Wizards of Waverly Place, Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, among countless others.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR